Friday, June 8, 2007

First Installment

Whats up folks, this is Mr. Griffin reporting live from Los Angeles, CA. That's still sounds alittle bit weird. Anyway it went down something like this. I landed at LAX at 11 pm on June 1, 2007 hopped on the Super Shuttle (if you don't know what that is then step your game up LOL). Got to the crib that I am subletting and got with the Big Iz (Israil Ali my homie from Detroit, also a McNally Smith student. Also remember all this because I am not going to be continuing to use the parenthesis so keep up). We kicked for a second and we walked to the store at like 1 am. Came back and went to sleep.

June 2nd, we get up and do video interviews on what its like to be in LA and looking forward to our internships. We connected (Got together with) with some family of the Big Iz and just kicked it (hung out) for the rest of the weekend.

June 4th, started my first day of work at The Urban Network. I walked in at 9: 45 am and was greeted by the man himself, Mr. Miller London. Quick history lesson, Miller London was a very young man when he went to work for Berry Gordy at Motown Records in 1969. VP of Sales for a very long 21 years. Then he just bought the Urban Network.....Rewind HE BOUGHT THE URBAN NETWORK..but anyway he is a very cool guy. Gave me some music to listen and review, introduced me to the staff and let me go to work.

June 5th, the kid brought home the bacon and has a few deals on the table, can't drop names not finalized yet so stay tuned.

That's enough for the first installment. Stay tuned grab some friends, pop a bag of popcorn and stay along for this summer's roller coaster ride....

W.G.

No comments: